Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Kris Gietkowski- Songs from the first album by Egg (Fruits de Mer, Strange Fish 8)

This is a pretty interesting jazzy, instrumental organ driven remake of the first EGG record from 1970.  I don’t actually own the original but I remember my friend Malcolm Humes (RIP), played EGG for me a few times. Egg was Dave Stewart's (Organ player in Egg, Hatfield and the North, Soft Machine and National Health (all great bands!) band. What is most interesting is that Kris (from Poland but living in England) plays all the instruments on this record! THe long Symphony No. 2 is my favorite part of the album. YOu can hear the original below and maybe check out Kris's version at the link below for the record label. A great version of this old classic...




1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Kris Nahrgang

    ReplyDelete