Monday, May 28, 2012

The Pretty Things- Honey, I need I can never say 7” (Fruits de Mer Records -Crustacean 29)

 This is the first new Pretty Things release in many years. It features a new version of an old song recorded live at the 100 Club in London 2010 (the title track) as well as a previously unreleased demo track from 1965 called I can never Say! The entire 7” is 4mins and 20 seconds and pressed in 1200 copies. Honey is a straightforward blues rock track, while the 1965 acetate starts off with a harmonica and has a much more organic song and feel. I like the simple groove on the track. It features a short harmonica solo instead of a guitar solo and is sadly faded out quite quickly. I guess this will be fun for some people to own but it is not psychedelic rock, if that is what you are looking for..

No comments:

Post a Comment